Reincarnation.

Reincarnation.
I have never shied away from touching controversial topics. Today I will take up another. I had a core fear within me, the fear of storms and water. Or rather storms in water. I could not learn swimming because of this. I had asthma and I read that asthma is connected with drowning in a previous life - a theory I first thought of as preposterous. I was very disheartened because of my asthma and it eluded the many top notch medical experts I visited. At last in desperation I visited a gardener of a public nursery behind Market Building in Bhubaneswar who cured me with a herb. But in that process I had a very strange dream. The dream was about being caught up in a ferocious storm while travelling in a big size country boat. The dream was vivid and the fear I experienced was real. Then I came across the information that my ancestors from my fathers side used to reside in a village near Nimita in the district of Murshidabad in West Bengal on the banks of a river, a village that ultimately was claimed by the changing course of the river. (The village Nimita incidentally was featured in Satyajit Ray's film Jalsaghar. The building in the film belonged to the Zamindar of the area, a family known by my ancestors). So it was not unusual that I could have had a previous life that needed frequent travelling by boat. Curiously according to past life regression therapy one is cured of incurable ailments when the cause is visited through past life regression. So this was a possible explanation that I had to consider. I started reading up on reincarnation prodded by Ian Stevenson's case studies and was subsequently led to reading near death experiences. Today I have friends from among those who are officially investigated by Ian Stevenson and also the NDERF - Near Death Experience Research Foundation. I would invite friends to the journey. If they can shed their inhibitions I am sure they can gain a lot and enrich their lives. Reincarnation is not fiction.